Saturday

Sometimes...


... Saturdays are for doing nothing!
At BB-Blog I came across the most wonderful "observation" created by artist Timothy Buckwalter that mitigates any twinge of guilt I may encounter...

You know... I believe knitting is always at it's best done in pajamas!
I've just cast on this...


The Lacy Baktus (sorry, you need a Ravelry login for this link) is one of those fantastic, free knitting pattern viral explosions that Ravelry enables. It is a simple and simply lovely design that I know I'll be grabbing for when the cool air takes over. I have two hanks of Mirasol Chirapa that have been waiting for "a reason" and I think this is it. Pretty, pretty yarn and soft, soft, soft.
The designer, Terhi Montonen, once spoke through a beautiful blog she called mustaa villaa (black wool). Her stories stopped 2009/11/04 with an explanation, but I still visit from time to time. Her hats and socks and wraps bring joy... much like a Saturday in pajamas.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Timely post for me! My husband has been Out of Town (!) since Saturday. I have changed my pajamas twice, but have not put on real clothes since Saturday. I have been knitting and eating cereal out of the box. All in bed. Ends tomorrow, but it was fun while it lasted.