Years ago a friend dubbed our home, "The Vole and Piddle". We knew immediately where the "vole" came from.... think hot summer and a tenacious, killer of a cat named Ditto. The "piddle" remains a mystery to this day....
Tips for the best pizza a la Vole and Piddle:
- King Arthur Flour-- a combination of 2/3 unbleached white and 1/3 whole wheat.
- A tablespoon of honey for the sweetness.
- A very hot pizza stone-- preheat while the dough is rising.
- Spicy, garlicky tomato sauce base.
- Cheese of choice? A light sprinkling of a medium aged Gouda (I picked up this trick in Havana, Cuba of all places).
- Top with whatever makes your heart sing.
Pictured is chorizo, rapini, potato, and roasted red pepper.