Friday

A very tempting...

...email just arrived from WEBS.
They are having an anniversary sale and a good amount of Noro Silk Garden Sock Yarn shades are available for only $13.99 a ball.

Many of you have commented on my personal version of the Summer Linen Wrap (below, as seen in Gifted knit in Berroco Linen Jeans).


Well, my version (below) is made using one ball of said Noro. It has been worn a lot this past winter. And, the way spring is going so far... it will be worn a lot more before any "summer" wrap will be needed in my neck of the woods.


I do have to tell you.... I have AB-so-LUTE-ly no idea what colourway mine is knit in. I never noted it down and the wrapper has been swallowed up somewhere in my studio. SO sorry! I can tell you that it has lots of shades that are pinky, winey and rusty along with greens and a vibrant orange that grew on me. Noro has a way of making colours grow on you...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your version. The colors are stunning. I looked at the ones at WEBS. I don't think yours is there. 211 looks nice and I think I will order it. I have Gifted and I have made many of the projects but not the Linen Wrap. Thank you for all of your beautiful designs!

Hilde C. said...

The scarfs are beautiful. Noro is my absolut favourite too. The colourway on the last scarf is number 84 :-)

Mags said...

Thank you, Hilde C, for the Noro info!

Veronica Martin said...

Lovely work! A scarf in S84 would be lovely....I just finished socks in that colourway and agree it does grow on you.

Pauline said...

I LOVE your Amiga cardigan design in Knitty!!! I just ordered the yarn and can`t wait to start. THANK YOU for the great design!

Unknown said...

I own a LYS and I have a personal copy of Gifted in my knitting library, but I'd love to make a store sample and be able to sell or give a copy of your Summer Linen Wrap pattern to our customers. Is there any way to purchase this to sell in our shop since I see that the book is out of print?

Jane said...

I need clarification on your MOTHED pattern.
Im at the sleeve. I have 62 stitches, I see k7 and work eyelet pattern round 1 two times at 46 end with 7 stitches. This is NOT working 14 plus 46 is 60
I have 62. What am I doing wrong

Mags said...

Hi Jane.
I have no idea. Unfortunately, this pattern is more than 9 years old and I no longer offer pattern support.
What I know, though, is this:
Mothed is a very "forgiving" pattern. The moth 'holes' need not be absolutely precise. If you are off by a stitch or two by the time you have completed the sleeve, no one will know but you. You can consider your Mothed perfect in its imperfection.